THINKLOGICAL, A BELDEN BRAND INTRODUCES ALL-IN-ONE SOLUTION FOR EXTENDING VIRTUAL DESKTOPS AT ISE 2018 AND WEST 2018
MILFORD, Conn. – Feb. 5, 2017 — Thinklogical, A Belden Brand, today announced a new all-in-one solution for securely extending VDI (virtual desktop infrastructure) architectures, with demonstrations at ISE 2018, Feb. 6-9 in Amsterdam, in booth 10.R140, and AFCEA WEST, Feb. 6-8 in San Diego, in booth 1801.
The TLX Client Integration module is a full-featured virtual machine processor combined with a high-performance KVM (keyboard, video and mouse) extender, eliminating the need for a separate client device in VDI installations. The integrated client machine can host any standard VDI client software, including those produced by VMware®, Citrix®, Microsoft®, and others. It is also compatible with many third party accredited software images.
For security, productivity or performance reasons, customers in government, defense, media and entertainment often back-rack their physical VDI client machines in secure IT rooms, providing the user with remote access to the devices through a separate KVM extension and matrix switching system.
The TLX Client Integration module simplifies this architecture by combining a VDI client with a KVM extender transmitter, eliminating the need to purchase separate clients and KVM transmitters. This reduces hardware and cabling complexity and cost and saves up to 50% of the rack space previously required.
“Thinklogical developed the TLX Client Integration module in response to customer requests for hardware savings and better space utilization in KVM-extended virtual desktop applications,” said Mitch Hillsberg, senior director of engineering for Thinklogical. “This module addresses the need to simplify extended VDI architectures without compromising data security, video image quality or computer peripheral performance.”
TLX Client Integration features and benefits include:
- Increased security and reduced threat of intentional hacking or accidental data breach, by removing network cables and USB ports from user desktop
- Uncompressed KVM signal management with smooth control surface performance and no added latency, video artifacts or dropped frames
- Support for zero, thin and thick client applications
- Reduced hardware costs, lower operational expenses and up to 50% less rack space
- Improved productivity, efficiency and flexibility
- Reduced IT hardware, cabling, and clutter at the desktop
- Seamless integration with Thinklogical’s IA-accredited extension and matrix switching solution for use in secure, multi-classification applications
The TLX Client Integration module is available for order now and will be released in the second quarter of 2018. More information visit: https://www.thinklogical.com/products/integrated-client-module/