Velocity 2×1 KVM Switch Extension
- Single Head
- Single-Link DVI
- TX Local RX Aux
- Stereo Emitter
- Analog Audio
- USB HID
- Fiber Connectors
- USB 2.0
Thinklogical’s VelocityKVM systems offer best-in-class fiber optic performance with advanced video, audio and peripheral capabilities. VelocityKVM extenders offer 6.25Gbps bandwidth, to achieve uncompressed, high resolution video with no latency, lost frames or artifacts. Systems are simple plug and play designs, utilizing either multi-mode or single mode fiber. For routing applications, VelocityKVM systems are compatible with Thinklogical’s MX and VX Series Routers. VelocityKVM systems are powered by Thinklogical’s patented Multi-Rate Transmission System (MRTS) technology, which enables multiple data signals (video, audio and peripheral) to be transmitted up to 80km, over a single data stream. MRTS completely reconstructs the data clocks at the destination, to offer perfect synchronization with each transmitted stream.
VelocityKVM systems have a simple transmit and receive design. The VelocityKVM Transmitter connects to the source to receive video, audio and peripheral data. The data is multiplexed with Thinklogical’s patented MRTS Technology, and transmitted over SFP+ technology. Fiber provides a secure connection from the transmitter to the receiver, where MRTS Technology demultiplexes the data stream to deliver uncompressed, high resolution data to the destination.
The VelocityKVM 4 2×1 Switch Receiver receives data from two transmitters, allowing users to access both a remote source and a local source. Any remote source may be switched to the user, while the local source is not switched and is only accessible by the local user. When no remote source is switched to the 2×1 Receiver the local source will be displayed. When a remote source is switched to the 2×1 Receiver the remote source will be displayed. The system requires four fibers for the standard configuration. The forward channels are dedicated to transmitting video, audio and peripheral data from the sources to the destination. The return channels are dedicated to transmitting DDC/EDID and peripheral data from the destination to the sources. All Thinklogical VelocityKVM systems are configurable with multi-mode or single mode fiber.
The VelocityKVM 4 extension systems are designed to support one single-link DVI display, USB HID, full duplex stereo audio, serial (RS-232), PS/2 and stereo emitter. Systems are custom configurable to also support serial RS-422 and USB 2.0 (480 Mbps). Extenders may be further configured with redundant data paths.
The VelocityKVM 4 2×1 Switch Receiver is available in a modular form factor. The modular extenders are compact and hot-swappable, enabling users to field configure any modular chassis. Additionally, the optical modules within the receiver are hot-swappable. The modular systems promote system flexibility, scalability and a reduced maintenance effort. For additional information, please see Modular Chassis specifications.
- Video Resolution: DVI-D, all single-link DVI resolutions (maximum 165MHz pixel clock)
- Optical Cable: Four (4) multi-mode or single mode fiber optic cables, for fewer fibers contact Thinklogical (fiber not supplied, available for purchase)
- Optical Distance: Multi-Mode up to 1000m 65m: OM1 (62.5/125); 350m: OM2 (50/125); 750m: OM3 (50/125 SX+); 1000m: OM4 (50/125eSX+)
- Optical Distance: Single Mode up to 80km All Distances: OS2 (9/125)
- Optical Wavelength: Multi-Mode: 850nm; Single Mode: 1310nm (CWDM and DWDM wavelengths available, contact Thinklogical for further information)
- Data Rate: Forward channels: 6.25Gbps; Back Channels: 2Gbps
- Environmental: Operating Temperature: 0°C-50°C; Humidity: 5-95% RH, non-condensing
- Compliance: Approvals for United States of America, Canada, and European Union
- Warranty: One year ∙ Extended warranties available for purchase
- Mounting Brackets: See Modular Chassis Specifications
- Power Consumption: 15 Watts
- Supply Voltage: Universal AC Power Supply, 100-240VAC, 47-63Hz
- Weight: 1.00lb (0.45kg)
- Rack Size: See Modular Chassis Specifications
- Height x Width x Depth: 1.65” (41.91mm) x 7.41” (188.11mm) x 9.06” (230.15mm)
- Tolerance: ± 0.039” (1.00mm)
- Video: DVI-D (2)
- Audio: MIC/LINE 3.5mm Jack (2)
- RS-232 Serial Port: TX: DB9 Female (1); RX: DB9 Male (1)
- RS-422 Serial Port (Configurable): DB9 Female (1)
- Stereo Emitter: 50Ω BNC (1)
- PS/2 Keyboard/Mouse: Mini DIN 6 Female (2)
- USB HID: TX: USB B (1); RX: USB A (4)
- USB 2.0 (Configurable): TX: USB B (1); RX: USB A (4)
- Software Updates: USB B (2)
- Alarm: Closed contact alarm, three position terminal block
- Fiber Connectors: LC (2)
- (1) Power Cable (See Modular Chassis Specifications)
Contact Thinklogical for additional specifications for redundant module.