Thinklogical’s New TLX Series Matrix Switches and Extenders To Make U.S. Debut at NAB Show 2015
High-Productivity Signal Management Solutions for Broadcast and Post-Production to Be Showcased In Booth SL10124
MILFORD, Conn. – April 2, 2015 — Thinklogical, a global manufacturer of secure, high performance KVM (keyboard, video and mouse) extension and switching systems for video-rich applications, today announced that its new TLX Series matrix switches and extenders will make its U.S. debut at NAB Show 2015, April 13-16 in Las Vegas, at booth SL10124.
Introduced in February at Integrated Systems Europe in Amsterdam, TLX is the first KVM system in the market able to deliver extension and switching of full, uncompressed 4K video at full resolutions and color depth (4096 x 2160 resolution, 4-4-4 color depth) at 60Hz frame rate using only two fibers or CATx cables. TLX offers customers industry-leading 10Gbps performance and a flexible and efficient uncompressed signal architecture, reducing the cost and infrastructure required to manage content created in the growing 4K standard and increasing productivity without compromising quality, resolution or performance.
Live demonstrations in the Thinklogical booth at NAB Show will include the new TLX DisplayPort 1.2 and HDMI 1.4 extenders and the new TLX640 switch, the market’s highest capacity and most flexible KVM and video matrix switch. The company will also be showcasing a full range of high-performance signal management products optimized for film, broadcast and post production applications.
“With the introduction of TLX from Thinklogical, professionals in film broadcast and post-production no longer need to compromise creativity, productivity and resolution quality when working with 4K video due to sub-par performance and latency from typical KVM extension and switching systems using signal compression,” said Joe Pajer, president and CEO of Thinklogical. “TLX is an industry breakthrough that brings uncompressed, full resolution 4K at 60Hz video signal management into the post-production mainstream, improving efficiency, quality and profitability while minimizing cable and equipment footprint.”
TLX Series matrix switches and extenders are based on an innovative new, single laser, single-data-stream 10Gbps architecture that enables delivery of uncompressed video, audio and peripheral data over both fiber-optic and CATx infrastructure, minimizing the number of components and cables required when compared to alternative solutions. TLX offers the lowest signal latency in the industry (microseconds, vs. milliseconds for compressed solutions), and accurate pixel-for-pixel transmission of video no visual artifacts, jitter or lost frames.
The TLX Series from Thinklogical delivers a number of industry firsts and customer benefits, including:
- The first KVM solution in the market able to extend and switch uncompressed UHD (ultra-high-definition) video using only one fiber or CATx cable, and 4K video at 60Hz using only two fibers or two CATx cables — half as many as competitive KVM products — providing a simpler and more efficient installation that saves time and reduces cost.
- The first hybrid and CATx signal extension and switching products from Thinklogical, offering customers high-bandwidth performance over either or both fiber-optic or CATx cabling to address heterogeneous AV system infrastructure requirements.
- A scalable, future-proof 10Gbps architecture that meets today’s application needs and resolutions including video resolutions up to 4K and 3D, with the ability to easily expand and support future and unknown system growth, video resolutions and signal formats.
- An innovative connector on its TLX extenders that can receive both HDMI and DisplayPort cables on the same extender, reducing the number of extenders needed, and eliminating the requirement for an external adapter or dongle to convert from DisplayPort to DVI or HDMI.
- Uncompressed signal transport at 10Gbps bandwidth, resulting in the highest video and signal quality, with no latency, jitter, lost pixels or frames, a requirement for applications needing the highest possible video resolution and computer peripheral performance.
- A full range of non-blocking, protocol agnostic, and scalable hybrid matrix switches sized from 16 ports to 640 ports
- Interoperability with Thinklogical’s market-leading 6.25Gbps fiber-optic KVM products.