System Management Portfolio SMP
Encompassing four specialized software packages, the Portfolio makes it easier to set up and operate a Thinklogical system, and improves overall system performance by reducing total cost of ownership, enhancing productivity and maximizing uptime.
Encompassing four specialized software packages, the Portfolio makes it easier to set up and operate a Thinklogical system, and improves overall system performance by reducing total cost of ownership, enhancing productivity and maximizing uptime. Each software package combines multiple user-friendly tools to simplify system management and ensure reliable daily operation. The four software packages are: Configurator, Configurator Plus, Enhanced Productivity Packaged and System Management Interface
CONFIGURATOR: Enables faster router set-up and simplifies user controls; The Configurator provides step-by-step screens that guide the administrator through router set-up, from adding users and devices to applying security settings.
- Setup users and groups and define access rights by individual
- Setup stations by defining sources and destinations and which users and groups can view each station
- Setup station-based macros to make multiple connections at one time, and save for future use
- Take snapshots to record connections made on each port and save for future use
- Define router name, type and IP address
- Connect multiple routers with unidirectional tie-line management
- View system information (log-ins, connections made, operations performed, error messages and system updates)
- Test router port connections by cycling through sources and destinations or broadcasting to specific ports
- VIEW command connects a source’s video to a destination without disturbing existing video displays or keyboard controls
- SHARE command connects a source’s video to a destination without disturbing other video displays, but also assumes keyboard and mouse control
- TAKE command disconnects the source’s video from any existing displays and send it only to the chosen destination and takes control of the keyboard and mouse
- Hot Key Manager allows users to access specific sources or cycle through approved lists of sources with configurable control keys
CONFIGURATOR PLUS: Enables users to configure bidirectional tie-line management; The Configurator+ offers users all of the features of the Configurator, with additional features to easily set-up and maintain multiple routers.
- Connect multiple routers with bidirectional tie-line management
- Maintain connection database to ensure synchronization between primary and secondary (redundant) routers
ENHANCED PRODUCTIVITY PACKAGE: Enables customized hot-key control access from workstations and easeof collaboration amongst multiple users; The Enhanced Productivity Package (EPP) includes all features of the SMP Configurator and adds Thinklogical’s
Drag & Drop graphical user interface and Hot Key Plus features and functions. This software package allows users to share access and control, collaborating with ease.
- Hot Key Plus: The Hot Key Manager, included in the Configurator, allows users to set custom hot key commands by destination. Users can use hot keys to cycle forward and back between a configurable list of video and keyboard/mouse sources. The Hot Key Plus software, included in the EPP, enables users to additionally:
- Toggle between the last two source selections
- Swap sources between multiple destinations
- Cycle forward and back through a configurable list of macros
- Collaborate amongst multiple users, exchanging keyboard and mouse controls by a spacebar keystroke or simple movement of the mouse
- Access On-Screen Display (OSD), where each destination maintains a unique list of sources and may scroll up/down and across tabs to access any of those sources with ease
- Drag and Drop: Graphical user interface helps users easily recreate room and destination layouts on-screen.
- Extremely scalable, allowing users to create a single system layout, or design multiple rooms, easily accessed by tabs at the top of the screen
- Set-up is simple; users right click to access the drop down menu to create a new destination.
- Sources may be custom colored to easily locate an icon at a glance. System connections are made simply by dragging a source icon and dropping it on a destination icon, for instant access