New, non-blocking VX640 Router offers 640 ports with 6.25 Gbps of bandwidth per port to meet the needs of large-scale video and KVM systems - VX 640 VX640 already deployed in customer sites; to be showcased at GEOINT Symposium 2012
Thinklogical, the leading provider of fiber optic video routing and KVM extension systems, announced it will be showcasing its new VX640 Router at the GEOINT Symposium 2012 (booth 1134). The VX640 is the world’s largest and highest bandwidth Video and KVM router. It is designed to meet the growing customer demand for a secure, high bandwidth routing solution for high density, mission critical environments.
Customers with large-scale system requirements, such as those found in the federal government organizations or large scale post production operations, will value the flexibility provided by the VX640. The VX640 is a protocol agnostic solution and allows for any combination of bidirectional sources and destinations up to 640 total, from 1 source or destination routed to 639 destinations or sources, up to 320 sources routed to 320 destinations. Completely designed with non-blocking matrix architecture, the VX640 router delivers uncompressed video with no artifacts, latency or lost frames. In addition, the router can be configured for multi-mode or single mode fiber optics, and coaxial on a port-by-port basis.
“We are the market share leader in fiber-based, high bandwidth KVM and video routing solutions and the VX640 extends that lead. The launch of the VX640 Router is a significant step forward and demonstrates our commitment to innovate and introduce leading-edge solutions for KVM applications,” said Joe Pajer, President and CEO of Thinklogical. “The VX640 solidifies our KVM routing portfolio, which now provides our customers with a scalable, wide variety of matrix sizes and solutions.”
The VX640 Router provides industry leading security features, such as multi-domain routing through partitioning and restricted switching technologies. These features are designed to protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of critical data that is routed through the VX640. The modular design of the VX640 allows for all critical system components including power supplies, cooling fans, fabric switch cards and pluggable optics (SFP+) to be hot-swappable, minimizing business impact in the unlikely event a component should fail. The hot-swappable I/O boards also provide excellent in-service expansion capabilities, allowing the VX640 to be reconfigured without interrupting signal processing.
“The VX640 Router offers unparalleled performance, reliability, continuous operation, security and investment protection to customers who have a large number of KVM sources and destinations,” said Larry Wachter, Vice President of Research and Development at Thinklogical. “Our innovative technology and architectural approach allows Thinklogical to stand alone in our ability to introduce a router as robust as the VX640. We are proud to announce that Thinklogical customers are already reaping significant benefits from the VX640, as it has already been successfully deployed in a classified government environment.”
Key features of the VX640 Router
- Redundant, hot-swappable, and current sharingpower supply modules
- Hot-swappable, 20 port I/O cards in a passive mid-plane chassis
- Hot-swappable SFP+ optical port connections
- Hot-swappable fabric switch cards
- 20 port scalability for input/output cards
- Each re-clocking input supports 6.25 Gbps
- Single-mode, multi-mode and coaxial fiber optic capability
- 640 transceiver fiber ports - In and Out for non-blocking matrix switching
- Protocol agnostic (Supports DVI, Dual-link DVI, 3G, HD, SD SDI, Dual-link SDI, USB HID, USB 1.1, USB 2.0 high speed, FireWire, serial, PS/2 and bi-directional audio)
- Highest reliability with MTBF of over 100,000 hours on average
- Partitioning, uniquely enabled in firmware, allowing for multiple virtual networks to exist within the same physical device
- Restriction, uniquely enabled in firmware, allowing for access regulation on a per port basis
- Compatible with Velocity KVM and Video Extenders and SDI Xtreme 3G+ Video Extendersfrom Thinklogical
Thinklogical is the leading manufacturer and provider of fiber optic KVM, video, audio, and peripheral extension and routing solutions. Thinklogical offers the only fiber optic KVM routers in the world that are accredited to Common Criteria EAL 4. Government, entertainment, scientific and industrial customers worldwide rely on Thinklogical's products and solutions for high performance, security, continuous operation and ease of integration. Thinklogical products are designed and manufactured in the USA. Thinklogical is a privately held company, headquartered in Milford, Connecticut.
October 10, 2012